FREQUENTLTY ASKED QUESTIONS :
- What is chat?
Chat : any application which allows a number of surfers to converse in real time, via an interface which can be a programme or a web page and upon which messages stream in real time and to which one or more users can reply.
PROXIMEETY's chat service operates 24 hours a day, via any computer and between members who are simultaneously connected to the internet (at the office or at home for example), anywhere in the world.
PROXIMEETY INDIA offers its users the chance to broaden their network of contacts with a view to making new friends and even more perhaps. PROXIMEETY INDIA enables its members to select other members according to various criteria (family situation, photos, area or centres of interest, etc) from amongst the Indian profiles available on our data base, and they can thus converse directly with "compatible" people.
You will soon see that an evening spent on INDIA.PROXIMEETY.COM will undoubtedly bring you more friends than an evening spent in a night club or in a bar. From now on internet dating is the simplest, most modern and free way of meeting THE RIGHT PERSON straightaway.
The large majority of our members are clearly single people, leaving in India, with the same goal :
- To enjoy themselves whilst conversing with others
Our data base of members is growing every day….But PROXIMEETY isn't a "factory".
On the contrary, our aim is to further genuine introductions, bring internet surfers together, in an intimate area, full of well-being, freedom and safety, thanks to these factors :
- PROXIMEETY INDIA is not an X-rated site, but a chat and dating site, which is genuine and open to the public at large.
Any adult person who accepts our general terms and conditions of use is free to join. Choose your user name and join quickly in the right column form!
Internet dating sites like INDIA.PROXIMEETY.COM mostly present themselves as a data base allowing members to search for their "soul mate". Some users manage to do this and others unfortunately do not.
Unlike marriage bureaux, dating sites do not offer to find the ideal person for their members, a person who the members have already described in detail. It is these single people themselves who undertake the search, according to their own search criteria, which they define in the data base : area, age, size, gender, photos, etc.
For this reason, dating sites are much more similar to classified ads of a matrimonial nature and this activity is not regulated in the same way as marriage bureaux.
Our aim is to increase the number of people within your reach and you are thus free to chat with them in a friendly and harmless way, or to chat with them more seriously if you are in search of love…
As with all dating sites, INDIA.PROXIMEETY.COMmust observe various rules.
Amongst these rules, it is appropriate first of all to mention those relating to consumer rights. Our dating site is subject to certain obligations in terms of identity, its services, possible limitations of responsibility and the price of any services offered.
Along with consumer rights, our site must also respect rights relating to the privacy of those single people who have registered with us. In particular we have to be certain that these people agree to their personal details being circulated. It should be noted that each member has a right to deny access to his or her details or to request an amendment to these details.
In more general terms, our dating site forbids its members to circulate any illegal or erroneous information. Our team rigorously monitor the information supplied on a daily basis, which is the best way of avoiding the inclusion of illegal content.
For your membership to remain valid, you must abide by 2 rules :
- You are forbidden, and it would be pointless, to include personal details in your description or your ad.
We strongly advise you to :
- complete your membership form with great care,
Generally speaking, out of respect for your confidentiality, heterosexual male members for example only view photos of heterosexual female members; and heterosexual female members only view photos of heterosexual male members. Heterosexual males cannot view photos of other heterosexual males and it's the same for the females.
Equally, men seeking men or women seeking other women can only view homosexual profiles in accordance with these same criteria.
However, when you register, if you tick "seeking men and women" (both sexes) you will be able to view profiles of those people who have made the same choice when they joined. You will thus be able to converse with members of both sexes. This has been made possible in order to assist those who genuinely wish to make new friends of both sexes.
- Conduct yourself in a responsible fashion : in the virtual world, as in the real world, common sense is a must. Don't fall in love after chatting on line with someone for 60 seconds, for example…
- Remain anonymous : only your user name and your description are visible to the person you are talking to and this guarantees your anonymity until you decide that it is time to reveal your exact identity. Never disclose personal information during initial exchanges. Trust has to grow gradually in an atmosphere of openness and honesty. You are in no way obliged to reveal your identity and you should only do so if you wish to. Chatting commits you to nothing. After all it is supposed to be fun!
- If the person you are chatting to asks you to change to a different site or to use a different programme, remember that whilst you remain on PROXIMEETY INDIA your computer is safe from viruses.
- Don't burn your bridges and trust in your own intuition to help you spot any possible inconsistencies with the people you are conversing with. Here again, as in the real world, you need a certain amount of time to really get to know people. If a particular person's messages are annoying you or you feel suspicious of them because of what they are not saying, or if you feel that you are being lied to or that the given profile does not seem to match the true personality, terminate the correspondence immediately! Furthermore, you can always add this person to your user black list if you would prefer to end all contact with them.
- Before agreeing to meet anyone in person, it is most important to request a photo and a telephone number from them…..the appearance and the voice of the person in question are vital in helping you to make an accurate assessment of them! You are also strongly recommended to arrange your meetings in busy public places. Tell someone close to you where you are going and, when you meet the person, as when you are chatting on the internet, remember that "safety is born of caution".
If you can find liars on the internet, then you can certainly find these same individuals in society at large - in clubs or even in your own block of flats. Don't forget, of course, that fortunately there is also a large majority of people on the internet who are lovely and genuine. For our part, we aim to suspend the membership of those who are the subject of repeated complaints.
The INDIA.PROXIMEETY.COM dating site is quite safe! You alone have access to the administration of your details and you are the only one in possession of your own password. You may wish to note the following points :
- Always close your web browser and disconnect after use
PROXIMEETY INDIA never sends out spam. We do however use your e-mail address to reply to any comments you may address to our site or indeed to advise you of any new opportunities or news items.